The Saint Louis Woman's Club was created to provide hospitality to the wives of the heads of state and royalty visiting St. Louis during the 1904 World's Fair.
Mrs. James Blair was the first president of The Club while also serving as president of the Fair's Board of Lady Managers.
In 1912, The Saint Louis Woman's Club moved to its present location, 4600 Lindell Boulevard. The members added a new dining room, ballroom, grand staircase, elevator and kitchen.
Now in its second century, The Club serves its members as a classroom, dining room, meeting place, theater, ballroom and center of social activity.
The Club maintains its vibrancy and continues to attract guests of note, standing ready to move into the future with the fine traditions of the past.
A tour of the beautiful club house reveals the vision of past generations, as well as the true spirit of Saint Louis.